In conclusion I can begin to reflect on my results from both the primary and secondary research that I have conducted. These are the results,
The secondary research,
In my research for BioShock Infinite I found out that it was developed by Irrational Games ran by the Director Ken Levine. It was published by 2K Studios and was distributed by Take-Two Interactive. The PEGI rating is aimed for people at the age of 18 or over.
IMDB gave the game a rating of 9.3/10 and has over 12,201 reviews on this site. On the site they have a table which shows you the gender and ages of people who have played this game and sent a review.
The table shows that the majority is Males who play this game with a number of 9351 and the females have only 654. The shows that the game appeals to males more and the age is between 18-29.
The primary research,
My primary research consists of me doing two online surveys as well as interviewing three people. From these methods I deducted that the ages were from 15-75. From my interviews everyone said they have played and enjoyed playing this game and a couple of them said they have played the previous games too. From the surveys most of them had play BioShock and a 75 year old male had too. The fact that the ages are ranged from 15 to 75 shows that the game can be enjoyed by a multitude of people young and old. From the Interviews I was able to ask them there social class and where they think they are in the hierarchy two people said middle class and the other said working class. Do this mean middle class people play more video games than people in working class due to the price? I think so.
From both of the methods people believe that the games PEGI rating should be lower than an 18+ as they feel that there isn't enough gore and language to call it a mature game.
Overall, I think that this game should be ranged for people at the ages of 16 - 28 from the research I have conducted. The most common age I saw was an 18 year old which was normally a male which only proves that this game is aimed for men rather than women. From the interviews, they shared the social class, two saying they were middle class and the other saying working class. This could prove that people who are in the middle class have more availability to video games due to them having a better household income. This is the outcome of my research using primary and secondary research.
