Interview Questions,
Question 1 - What do you think needs to go into an Action/Adventure genre game?
1. I think a good solid story is needed to be interesting.
2. A good combat system as well as a good story.
3. The story is a big part but I think exploration is important.
4. Exploration is big part of adventure genre games I think that is most important.
Question 2 - What do you think of the styling in BioShock Infinite?
1. The game reminds me a lot of America patriotism.
2. The Text and font on the HUD looks like its from like the 1940's.
3. The colour's are quite dull and dark compared to other games.
4. America seems to be the inspiration for this game.
Question 3 - In BioShock Infinite, what do you think of the construction of content?
1. Well I like the story in this game however I would prefer it if it wasn't so linear. Maybe a few side quests.
2. I like the combat. You can use both special ability's and guns to defeat enemies.
3. I think the story should be less linear and more about exploring.
4. The story is the best part! Its linear but, it doesn't feel like your just following a line there.
Question 4 - What do you think of the Codes and Conventions to this game?
1. The HUD is rather easy to understand while looking quite fresh and stylish.
2. The game makes it easier on you by making the heath bar flash when its low so yea I like this.
3. The enemies don't go away once they has seen you. I would prefer it if they would go away if you would hide for a short period of time.
4. The HUD is in the right place for an Action/Adventure game. Compared to other games this matches them.
Question 5 - How do you think the Modes of Address, addresses the audience?
1. Well this game makes me feel like I am the character I am playing as, Booker Dewitt.
2. The game makes you god to the main character. You can make decisions that could end up with his death.
3. I feel like I am the character so it is very immersive in that way.
4. The game makes you feel like the main character but also has a female NPC that is there with you all the way.
Overall people love the way that this game is constructed. When I ask about What do you think needs to go into an Action/Adventure genre game? people think that a good story is the most important as well as exploration.
The next question I asked is What do you think of the styling in BioShock Infinite? They responded with that the game has a high American feel with a 1940's look with dark and dull colour's.
For the third question I asked In BioShock Infinite, what do you think of the construction of content? People think that the story is good as it is but would perhaps be better if it wasn't linear. One person said they like the way the story is with the linear style and another person said they Like the combat of the game.
In question 4, I ask people the following, What do you think of the Codes and Conventions to this game? People responded with that they like the way the HUD is situated on the screen for Action/Adventure games and the ease of which they can understand it. One person wishes that the enemies would go away after a short amount of time when they cannot see you.
For the last question I ask I asked, How do you think the Modes of Address, addresses the audience? People like how the game makes you feel like you are the character you are playing as. This makes it more immersive.
Online Reviews,
When BioShock Infinite was released, it managed to get outstanding reviews from all forms of critics. I'm going to start with IGN.
IGN reviews this as 'AMAZING' with a rating of 9.4. They credit the rich and satisfying story, the games luscious art direction, the Myriad combat options and the fact that the NPC, Elizabeth, matters both to the story and the gameplay. The only downside to the game according to IGN, is that it feels a bit padded in the middle, meaning that they just filled the game with stuff to make the game last a little longer.
The next review I will look at is the reviews of parents for BioShock Infinite. On the site, https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/bioshock-infinite, parents say that this game should be a 13+ and kids say 14+ for the age rating Both parents and kids rated this game as a 5 out of 5 star game. Here are some responses;
Parent Response 1;
Parent Response 1;
Parent Response 2;
Parent Response 3;
Conclusion of Parent reviews;
Parents think that BioShock Infinite is a game that is a game to be love/appreciated. They think the PEGI rating should be lowered to an average age of 12+. They believe "the violence is really not that strong." However it's still there. All three reviews rated this game as a 5 out of 5 stars.
Kid Response 1;
Kid Response 2;
Kid Response 3;
Conclusion of Kid reviews;
They think that the PEGI rating of this game should be set at a unanimous 14+ age rating. They believe that this is "one of the best games I've ever played.". One thing that is mentioned is that the is some parts of the combat that can be quite gory but due to the artistic style of the game it isn't realistic compared to other games. One positive thing is that the story of this game is a masterpiece, 'it's a fresh new story-line.".