For this task, I will be doing an analysis of my personal response to BioShock Infinite by using the Uses & Gratifications Theory.
As I am using the Uses & Gratifications Theory, I play BioShock Infinite as a form of Diversion. The parts I find entertaining are the combat and the story in this game. This game's combat is similar to other games I enjoy playing like the Fallout series as it has similar aspects to BioShock Infinite as it is a twist on how the so this is a connection. I can enter into an alternate reality and forget about college work or if/any problems that I may be faced with in my personal life. Without games, I personally, would find it rather difficult to wind down after a day of college.
Onto Personal Relationships. I have made friends over this game as it allows people to have the same interests which lead to strong bonds within people. These people I have made friends, either in person or from the internet from all around the world an example would be that I have a friend from Sweden, would expect a certain type of game which I would/should be playing and if I were to differentiate of this path they may wonder why as it isn't an often occurrence.
I also play this game as a form of Personal Identity. My identity, online, contains me playing certain genres of games, Action/Adventure. I think that me playing these types of games, Action/Adventure, also affect the type of people who may want to interact with me. Over the years of me playing games, I have made a name for myself and have to live up to expectations within the online communities. I also feel like I can express myself easier through the internet rather than reality.
Another reason I play BioShock Infinite is for Surveillance. When I first played this game I played it to gain knowledge of the genres Action/Adventure as well as wanting to know what all the hype around this game was about.
Another reason I play BioShock Infinite is for Surveillance. When I first played this game I played it to gain knowledge of the genres Action/Adventure as well as wanting to know what all the hype around this game was about.
